- ASUU Strike: FG Gives Update, Reveals Only One Issue Left Before Students Resume
The federal government has declared that all issues, except one responsible for the current strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has been resolved or a compromise agreed. The Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Education, Sonny Echono made this known even as he expressed optimism that students will soon resume.
- Tunde Bakare Fires Buhari Govt For Freezing #EndSARS Promoters’ Accounts Tunde Bakare, the Senior Pastor Citadel Global Community Church, formerly known as Latter Rain Assembly, has berated the federal government for freezing of #EndSARS promoters’ accounts. Speaking on Sunday during the church’s special service, Pastor Tunde Bakare called on the federal government to retrace its step and reverse some of its actions against #EndSARS protesters.
- Fayose: If Obasanjo, Jonathan, Buhari Can Be President Why Can’t I?
Former Governor of Ekiti State and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ayodele Fayose has said he wants to become Nigeria’s President or a Pastor. Appearing on a live programme aired on People’s FM, (104.1)9 an Ado Ekiti based radio station, on Saturday night, Fayose said he was qualified to become Nigeria’s president if people like Olusegun Obasasnjo, Goodluck Jonathan and Muhammadu Buhari could be so graced to be presidents.
- Lekki Shooting: Nigerian Army Reveals Who Ordered Soldiers Deployment
Brig. Gen. Ahmed Taiwo, the Commander of 81 Military Intelligence Brigade, Victoria Island, Lagos, has said the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.- Gen. Tukur Buratai, ordered the deployment of soldiers that were accused of shooting EndSARS protesters in Lekki. He stated this on Saturday while testifying at the Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry probing the shooting of #EndSARS protesters by soldiers at the Lekki tollgate on the night of October 20, 2020.
- Biafra: Southern Politicians Ready To Sell Their Souls For 2023 Presidency – Nnamdi Kanu
Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), has lamented that southern politicians are ready to sell their souls for the 2023 Presidency. NewsArena reports that the IPOB leader who has been agitating for the Biafra Republic warned that “won’t happen because the Fulani have made it clear that they will keep the Presidency forever.”
- Adeboye Advised Me To Accept After Ezekwesili Rejected Being Buhari’s Running Mate – Tunde
Bakare Tunde Bakare, the senior pastor of the Citadel Global Community Church, has said former Minister of Education Oby Ezekwesili rejected the request to be President Muhammadu Buhari‘s running mate in the 2011 general election. Speaking on how he emerged Bubari’s running mate in 2011 under the Congress for Progressives Change (CPC), Bakare said Pastor Enoch Adeboye of the RCCG advised him to be Buhari’s deputy and he duly accepted.
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Lists Three Things Fulani Control In Nigeria Like Britain Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), has listed three things Fulani control in Nigeria like Britain. Naija News reports that the IPOB leader who has been agitating for the Biafra Republic said “it took less than 5,000 Britons to colonize 60 million Nigerians for a century” because the ” British colonists had exclusive control of 3 things – Army, Police & Judiciary.”
- Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu Didn’t Inform Us Of Change In Curfew Time – Nigerian Army
Brig. Gen. Ahmed Taiwo, the Commander of 81 Military Intelligence Brigade, Victoria Island, Lagos, has said the Nigerian Army was unaware of the change in curfew time by Governor Babajide Sanwo- Olu. He stated this on Saturday while testifying at the Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry probing the shooting of #EndSARS protesters by soldiers at the Lekki tollgate on the night of October 20, 2020.
- US Election: Trump Sending Wrong Message To Tyrants In Africa – Shehu Sani Senator Shehu Sani, a former lawmaker who represented Kaduna Central in the National Assembly has warned that President Donald Trump may be sending the wrong signal to leaders in some other countries of the world. The lawmaker who spoke on Sunday, warned that Trump’s current body language as regards the American presidential election may be encouraging some tyrant leaders in Africa and elsewhere to cling to power at all cost.
- Looting: Lagos Police Command Arrest 720 People The Lagos State Police Command has confirmed the arrest of 720 people in possession of various items including local firearms and ammunition, cannabis and a drug suspected to be cocaine. A statement issued by the Lagos State Police Spokesperson SP Olumuyiwa Adejobi said the arrests were made during a raid on Sunday morning in some areas suspected to be the hideouts of criminals in 14 areas. state.